Sunday, November 9, 2008

One Week, Two Big Losses

This has been a bad week for me personally. On Tuesday, my candidate for president, Senator John McCain, was defeated by Senator (now president-elect) Barack Obama. I did not feel that Obama was the right choice for America but I was outvoted, literally. I have already expressed my sentiments on a previous blog entry and I will try my best to give our new president my support and the benefit of the doubt until I see how he performs and where he tries to lead our country.

The bigger loss for me, personally, was when my beloved Penn State Nittany Lions football team lost to the unranked Iowa Hawkeyes by a single point, 24-23. The Lions were ranked #3 in the nation and were looking at a probable shot at the national championship. The loss ends any real chance of that happening now. The truly disheartening part of the loss is that Iowa, while being a decent team, should not have been able to beat Penn State. In point of fact, if you look at the game, 14 of Iowa's points game directly from Penn State turnovers and mistakes. Iowa did not beat Penn State. Penn State beat Penn State and that is the toughest type of loss to take.

However, life goes on. Penn State still has two more games to play, both at home. On November 15, they play the Indiana Hoosiers and then on November 22, the Michigan State Spartans. The Indiana game should be a relatively easy game for Penn State, but Michigan State will be tough and both teams will be battling for the Big Ten crown and a trip to the Rose Bowl. I will be at both games and will be cheering my head off for Penn State. If you have no dog in the fight, join me for wishing Penn State a win in both their remaining games.

A 12-0 record would have been great, but an 11-1 record and a trip to the Rose Bowl wouldn't be bad either. So ROAR LIONS ROAR and let's go to the Rose Bowl.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will be right there with you supporting Obama as I am not happy with it I have come terms with it and have accepted it. Romans 13:1 says we should submit to all authority. We may not see it now, but maybe this might be a good for our country but we will see. I don't know yet but I will support him and our country.

Jessica R.

David Boyd said...

Yes, a very disappointing week for me as well. I am there with you Brian, with my (red), blue and white.

Kristin said...

What a heartbreaking loss. Only one point. Keeping my fingers crossed for 11-1 and the trip to the Rose Bowl.