Tuesday, August 18, 2009

A Word For PETA

Hey, for a change of pace, I thought I would direct my thoughts toward PETA, the People for Ethical Treatment of Animals.

I was watching The O'Reilly Factor last night and they had a segment on about PETA protesting the McDonald's Happy Meal for little kids. They had a group in front of a McDonalds restaurant handing out FREE UNhappy meals. They pictured Ronald McDonald wielding a large butcher knife, like something out of PSYCHO. They used packets of ketchup to imitate blood on the boxes. It was all pretty sick and disgusting.

Now, I admit that I do not personally subscribe to PETA's ideas. However, I do not begrudge them the right to espouse their message, no matter how foolish I believe it to be. That being said, I, much Like Bill O'Reilly, feel that the WAY they present their message is more damaging to PETA and its ideas than anything else. Their UNhappy Meals simply came across, to me at least, as a weird and twisted way to make a point at the expense of upsetting small children. Alienating children and angering their parents is probably not the best way to win support for your cause. Just something to think about.

No comments: